Professional Beauty Association Announces 2012 Beacon Winnersby Paul Mitchell Schools on 5/1/2012
44 of the 99 Winners Come from Paul Mitchell Schools
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) has announced the winning students chosen to attend Beacon 2012, and 44 of the 99 winners come from Paul Mitchell Schools. Providing the nation’s most promising cosmetology students with education and opportunities to network with the industry’s highest-profile salon owners and stylists, Beacon is part of PBA Beauty Week, held in cooperation with the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) and Cosmoprof North America.
This year’s Beacon winners included 44 future professionals from Paul Mitchell Schools:
- Imagine, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Shauna Giles, Katie Hall
- JZ Trend Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Haley Dassinger
- Parisian Beauty Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Tina Barry
- Paul Mitchell The School Arkansas: Kathie Kimrey, Courtney Poe
- Paul Mitchell The School Atlanta: Marissa Bagley
- Paul Mitchell The School Austin: Adilene Jaimes
- Paul Mitchell The School Bradley: Jonna Cruse
- Paul Mitchell the School Charleston: Meagan Roach
- Paul Mitchell The School Chicago: Alexa Bowser, Seher Kureishy, Lisa Ly
- Paul Mitchell The School Cincinnati: Alexandra Dodenhoff, Tori Carter
- Paul Mitchell The School Colorado Springs: Jaclyn Craw
- Paul Mitchell The School Columbia: Kitty Shropshire
- Paul Mitchell The School Costa Mesa: Rochelle Randall
- Paul Mitchell The School Delaware: Zamia Lopez
- Paul Mitchell The School Esani: Jane Bayona, Walter Johnson, Robbie Spicer
- Paul Mitchell The School Fayetteville: Tania Crawford
- Paul Mitchell The School Gastonia: Kyle Gates, Jessica Ingalls, Cara Watts
- Paul Mitchell The School Great Lakes: Andi Manuilow
- Paul Mitchell The School Lexington: Jennifer Anderson
- Paul Mitchell The School Michigan: Stefanie Thurman
- Paul Mitchell The School MTI College: Jane Dhaliwal, Tania Machado
- Paul Mitchell The School Nashville: Heather West
- Paul Mitchell The School Provo: Tazia Moss
- Paul Mitchell The School Reno: Chandra Mayer
- Paul Mitchell The School St. Louis: Samantha Parker
- Paul Mitchell The School Tampa: Veronica Johnson, Michele Le
- Paul Mitchell The School Tysons Corner: Lindsay Norsa
- Pulse Beauty Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Sunshine Jones
- San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Blair Berndes
- The Academy Waukesha, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Sarah Guerrero
- The Hair Academy, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Alan Killingsworth
- The Temple, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Chelsea Betz
Vanguard College of Cosmetology, A Paul Mitchell Partner School: Meagan Kaupp
Of the 189 students awarded Honorable Mention, 88 were from Paul Mitchell Schools. For the complete list of 2012 Beacon winners and honorable mentions, visit:
http://www.probeauty.org/beacon/winners or http://www.facebook.com/pbabeacon.
PBA Beauty Week 2012 will take place July 21–24, 2012, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, where the Beacon Winners and Honorable Mentions will attend specialized classes with the biggest names in the industry, get up close and personal with NAHA winners and finalists, and get a firm understanding of the business of beauty.
All Paul Mitchell Schools include educational activities like Beacon as a fun and exciting way to teach their students (they call them “Future Professionals”) how to plan, execute, and complete a project that showcases their creativity and style—a valuable skill designed to help them succeed in their future careers.
About Paul Mitchell Schools
At Paul Mitchell Schools, we believe that education is an adventure and the learning experience needs to be fun. Our instructors—we call them “learning leaders”—are trained to draw out the artist in every student and prepare them to compete in the real world. Through our annual “FUNraising” campaign, we’ve raised and donated millions of dollars in support of many charitable causes. We’ve built homes with Habitat for Humanity, fed thousands of African orphans, and supported the victims of AIDS, breast cancer, homelessness, abuse, and hundreds of other causes.
Established 30 years ago, the Paul Mitchell network is nearly 100,000 salons strong and in 81 countries worldwide; every professional hairdresser knows the Paul Mitchell name. Now, with the arrival of Paul Mitchell Schools, we’ve taken the world of cosmetology education by storm! Visit www.paulmitchell.edu to learn more.
About Beacon and the PBA
Beacon is produced by the Professional Beauty Association (PBA). PBA advances the beauty industry by providing its members with actionable education, networking opportunities, industry events, business tools, and government advocacy to ensure business and career success. PBA is the largest organization of beauty industry professionals with members representing salons, spas, distributors, manufacturers and licensed professionals. Visit probeauty.org or call 800.468.2274 (480.281.0424) to learn more.